Studio Calico, so named because the kit includes neutral cardstock (like a calico cat) is a subscription kit club. Members subscribe for a minimum of six months. Subscriptions can be cancelled before six months but this will incur a fee. The monthly cost for a subscription is $29.50 but you can also purchase a kit as a one off at a cost of $34.50. Kits are debuted on the site on the 28th of each month (reveal night), with a sneak peak being shown on the 15th of the month. (For example the December kits will be sneaked on November 15th, with reveal night being November 28th). Club members are automatically sent the monthly kit, new members need to sign up on reveal night to ensure a subscription.
From the website:
Each month, Studio Calico combines the latest scrapbooking products with unique finds from a variety of sources while staying true to the basics. You’ll find kits filled with products from a variety of manufacturers, coordinated for ease-of-use by both the advanced and novice scrapbooker.
Kit Club Community
Message Board: Yes, access the forum here
Gallery of Projects: yes, access the gallery here
Blog: Yes, click here to go to blog
Extras and Special Features
Each kit features exclusive Studio Calico acrylic stamps and patterned papers. The club also has an online shop selling the stamps a la carte, as well as other scrapbooking supplies like inks, paints and tools. Each month three different add-ons are available, as well as extra patterned paper and cardstock.
The Design Team posts almost daily to the blog, providing lots of inspiration as well as challenges, tutorials and giveaways. Each month you can enter to win giveaways on sneak night and reveal night, and the site hosts a big “party” on the forum on those nights as well! Each week a layout is announced as the Layout of the Week and the designer wins a $10 gift certificate to the store. (The Layout of the Week is that layout which club members have added the most to their favorites).
Website: Studio Calico
For more information on the history of the club and all related information click here
And now for a giveaway!
April and the team at Studio Calico kindly donated a kit for me to giveaway to one lucky reader! To win the November kit, Marketplace (shown above) here’s how to enter.
Leave a comment below, telling me what project you would use the kit for.
Want more entries?
1. Follow Craft Gossip on Twitter and tweet this: ” Studio Calico November Kit Giveaway on @CraftGossip http://tinyurl.com/yjf793u“. Then leave a link to your twitter profile in the comments for a second entry.
2. Join the Scrapbooking on Craft Gossip group on Facebook and then post this as your status update: ” Studio Calico November Kit Giveaway on Craft Gossip!! http://tinyurl.com/yjf793u” Then leave a link to your Facebook profile in the comments for a second entry.
3. If you have a blog, blog about this giveaway and leave a link in the comments to your post.
Entries will close next Tuesday, November 17th. Winner announced Wednesday November18th. When commenting please provide a valid e-mail address in the field provided so that we can contact you if you are the lucky winner. Good luck!
Comments are now closed on this post.
By Francine Clouden
- Kit Club Feature and Giveaway!: Jenni Bowlin Mercantile
- Kit Club Feature and Giveaway!: Scrapbook Deals 4 U
- Giveaway: Studio Calico Home Front Line
- Kit Club Feature and a Giveaway!: Scrapbooking from the Inside Out
- Giveaway: Crafting Jewish Style Kits