Visit your local Michaels store on Saturdays in November and December for a very special series of free holiday workshops to encourage and inspire your creativity this holiday season. There will also be corresponding how-to webisodes at Michaels.com. Both the in-store workshops and webisodes feature easy, affordable ideas for making the holidays special regardless of budget.
Here is the in-store event and webisode schedule:
• Clay Pot Village: Create a holiday snow village made from clay flower pots and DecoArt Snow-Tex® for a festive tabletop display.
• Webisode launch: 11/2
• Countdown Calendar: Make a unique countdown calendar from treat tins that kids can open each day to discover holiday surprises hidden inside.
• In-store demo: 11/14 (1-3 p.m.)
• Webisode launch: 11/9
• Glass Ornaments: Design a handmade stained glass ornament to keep or give as a gift, with paint colors to match and accent existing ornaments and holiday themes.
• In-store demo: 11/21 (1-3 p.m.)
• Webisode launch: 11/16
• Snowman Door Wreath: Transform an ordinary green wreath into a friendly and inviting snowman that will be sure to warmly welcome family and friends throughout the holidays.
• In-store demo: 11/28 (1-3 p.m.)
• Webisode launch: 11/23
• Santa’s Workshop (Kids Crafts): Kids love to give gifts they’ve made, and they are sure to delight family members and friends with handmade personalized trinket boxes, stockings or holiday cards.
• In-store event: 12/05 (10 a.m. – noon)
• Webisode launch: 11/30
• Ribbon Bookmarks: Give the gift of a simple and elegant bookmark made with ribbon and Jewelry Essentials™ charms.
• In-store event free with purchase of charms: 12/12 (1-3 p.m.)
• Webisode launch: 12/07
• Gift Packaging: Wrap up the holidays with gift cards and wrapping paper embossed with Inkadinkado® Christmas clear stamps.
• In-store demo: 12/19 (1-3 p.m.)
• Webisode launch: 12/14
• New Year’s Eve Party Hats and Treat Cones: Embellish a simple party hat with feathers and cut-outs to ring in the New Year in style.
• In-store demo: 12/26 (1-3 p.m.)
• Webisode launch: 12/21
By Francine Clouden